Good Morning Musetrackers- This is Stacey bringing you the Link Of The Day. Found some interesting places for you to visit-
As many of you know, I’m a member of Romance Writers of America and there are loads of writing contests offered within that organization. I was curious about what’s offered outside the walls of RWA and have spent a wonderful hour researching contests offered around the world. This is a cautionary tale, however since there are many disreputable sites out there offering “contests” which have all sorts of strings attached to your work. BE CAREFUL!
I couldn’t narrow it down to just one link for today, so for your viewing pleasure, here’s three:
1. Are you a winning writer? Find out by entering one of the Writer’s Digest Writing Competitions! Writer’s Digest hosts fiction writing contests, poetry writing contests, short story contests, screenwriting competitions, self-publishing competitions and more. You could win up to $3,000, as well as the opportunity to see your name in Writer’s Digest Magazine, opportunities to meet with editors and agents and more! Prizes vary between writing competitions
2. Everything you share at FanStory.com gets detailed feedback.
- Enter a writing contest. Over 50 contests to choose from every month.
- You will be ranked. Every story or poem you share impacts your rank.
- For over 10 years FanStory.com has been helping writers improve their writing skills.
(This is a very cool site- it’s almost like a clearinghouse for contests and they even try to make sure the contests are legit.)
3. Submit your contest for possible posting. But first, please readwhat we DON’T post. Then if your contest appears to meet our guidelines, submit your contest. (We need the basics: Name of contest, brief description of what is to be submitted, awards, entry fee, deadline, website URL, and contact email for our follow-up questions.)
Enjoy! Hope your day is absolutely terrific!