I’m on my way to some pretty exotic places and I wanted to share a few travel tidbits with you. Did you know:
- The OK sign made in the States by making an ‘O’ with your thumb and your middle finger doesn’t mean that elsewhere. In Turkey, Brazil, and Germany it’s an obscene gesture. In the Middle East, it’s considered a threatening taunt.
- In Australia, it’s great and expected to ride in the front seat of a taxi.
- Do NOT add salt and pepper to your food in Switzerland- you’ve just insulted the chef and is considered rude!
- In Tibet, if you stick your tongue out at someone, it is considered a greeting.
- Talk about confusing the rest of the world- in Albania, nodding your head means no, and shaking your head means yes. ACK!
- On many airlines, the pilots will eat different meals so if something is bad, only one pilot will get sick.
- Dying is illegal in the House of Parliament.
- In 1930, flight attendants had to weigh less than 115 pounds.
- The shortest flight you can buy a ticket for is a 2 minute ride in Scotland.
- Saudi Arabia is the only country in the world where there are no rivers.
- In 1987, American Airlines removed 1 olive from their first class salads and save $40,000.