What’s “Agent/Editor Shop” you ask?
This isn’t a contest… there aren’t any winners… just a chance to put your pitch in front of acquiring agent/editors(s). They’ll read the pitches and request more if your pitch grabs their attention. What they request is up to them. We do not make guarantees.
Agent/Editor Shop will only be “open” one day, per quarter, and we only take the first twenty pitches.
After the pitches go live on the blog, the agent/editor read and decide if they want more. They will then contact us and we will forward on information to the author(s) who received requests. We will also post results after the agent/editor contacts us. Just the total number of requests made—no specifics or names.
The rules are simple and easy to follow. They must be adhered to in order for you to be considered by our guest agent or editor.
**Very Important** Please check each agent/editor’s website for what types/genres they accept.
- We will post a big green GO! on the HOME page the Sunday morning of the Shop. All entries must be submitted on that day. (1 Day Only)
- You will send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org with NO attachments. All the required information must be in the body of the email.
- Only one pitch per email. No exceptions.
- The pitch must be 200 words or less. No exceptions. Word count WILL be verified before your pitch is accepted. (Contact info is not counted toward your pitch word count.)
- Please put Agent/Editor Shop in the subject line.
- The email should follow this format:
Word count of manuscript
Your 200 word synopsis pitch
- We will take the first 20 pitches. A big red STOP! will be posted when we have 20 viable pitches. Please note that we will not contact you if these rules are not followed. They simply will not be used. If your pitch was one of the first thirty to reach our inbox, you’ll see it posted the next day, on the main page of the MuseTracks blog, for the shopping agent/editor to peruse.
This is a great opportunity to get in front of an agent/editor, so most important of all—polish that pitch until it shines! Hone your synopsis. Double check spelling and grammar. Strictly follow the rules. Breathe.
MuseTracks wishes you all the best of luck!
Click HERE for Agent/Editor attendance dates.