The iconic cup of joe. The coffee bean has been used around the world and enjoyed as a beverage of choice for centuries. One company took it to a whole new level. Starbucks is now a globally recognized symbol and has, at least, 16,850 shops in 40 countries. It has also made over $10.7 BILLION. That’s a lot of joe!
- It’s over 40 years old. (I was way off on this, I thought they were only 25-28 years old.)
- The name was changed from Pequod to Starbucks. Both names are taken from Moby Dick.
- A grande coffee has 320 milligrams of caffeine. That’s 4 times the amount in one Red Bull.
- They use 93 million gallons of milk per year. That’s enough to fill 155 Olympic sized swimming pools.
- An average customer might visit 6 times a month while a big fan visits as many as 16 times a month. That’s a lot of cha-ching for that cup of joe!